Areas of Focus
The Masimo Foundation focuses on grants that advance its mission to improve patient safety and outcomes, promote efficient and cost-effective healthcare delivery, and provide advanced healthcare to people worldwide who may not otherwise have access to lifesaving technologies. We place particular emphasis on funding opportunities within the following categories:
Ensuring Fair and Unbiased Competition in the Healthcare Industry - Including but not limited to grants for research, programs, and initiatives that seek to:
- > Expose misaligned incentives, inefficiencies, and inequities that undermine access and cost-effectiveness of healthcare.
- > Explore ways to achieve better healthcare at a lower cost through healthy and robust market competition.
Elevating the Importance of Ethics in the Delivery of Healthcare - Including but not limited to grants designed to:
- > Promote ethical conduct across healthcare delivery systems in order to consistently put the needs of patients before individual, institutional, or corporate interests.
Fostering Innovation and Discovery - Including but not limited to grants for research that seeks to:
- > Transform the practice of medicine through breakthrough innovations that treat diseases, solve important unmet needs, and save lives.
- > Improve patient safety and enhance the quality of care through technological advancements, innovative approaches, and new protocols.